Minimum footprint, maximum versatility.
Need a compact machine to get big results? The 26G's small stature and rubber tracks enable it to navigate nimbly. And its reduced-tail-swing configuration, independent-swing boom, and 360-deg. rotation let operators work with ease in tight spaces and around obstacles. But it’s not just its size and shape that make it such a valuable asset. Noticeably quiet EPA Final Tier 4/EU Stage IV diesel engine meets rigid emission standards, so you can put it to work almost any place, any time. For cold-weather comfort, the 26G is available with an enhanced new heated cab that's even more spacious and easier to enter and exit than ever before. Equipped with standard blade and mechanical quick-coupler, plus a wide variety of optional Worksite Pro™ attachments, the 26G Compact Excavator can make a sizable impact on your abilities. As well as your bottom line.
• Meets EPA Final Tier 4 (FT4)/EU Stage IV engine standards without an after treatment system, delivering a seamless operator experience with no machine-performance interruptions.
• New cab offers a wider entryway, easing entrance to and exit from the more spacious operator station. Single-panel door and larger front windshield provide even better visibility.
• Ergonomic short-throw pilot-control levers allow smooth, predictable, low-effort fingertip operation.
• New service door enables easy access to the side-by-side cooler cores, coolant overflow reservoir, and battery.
• Equipped with standard backfill blade, pattern changer, auxiliary hydraulics, and mechanical quick-coupler, the 26G is extremely versatile, allowing you to get the job done more efficiently and improving your bottom line.
• The ergonomically designed operator station won’t cramp your legs, or your style. Seat and controls are optimally positioned to accommodate even larger operators.
• Nearly unobstructed visibility provides a commanding view of the surrounding jobsite.
• The 26G entryway is wider. Optional cab’s front glass is noticeably more expansive. Single-panel door further enhances the view and latches securely for open-door machine operation..
• Automotive-style vents in the optional 26G cab allow an operator to direct airflow where it’s needed most, for fatigue-beating comfort. For cold-weather comfort, the 26G is available with an enhanced new heated cab.
Ease of Control
• Go from backhoe- to excavator-style controls with just a twist of your wrist. Control pattern selector valve is conveniently located in a compartment beneath the seat and includes a sight glass that displays the selected pattern.
• Low-effort pilot controls deliver exceptionally smooth, combined-function performance. So even unfamiliar operators become proficient more quickly.
• Swing boom and foldable travel pedals on the 26G are positioned to provide efficient operation while maximizing foot room.
Ease of Service
• Side-by-side coolers resist trash buildup and allow easier core cleanout. Access is quick and convenient.
• No tools are needed to access daily or periodic checkpoints. Hinged steel doors swing open wide, for quick and easy service.
• Hydraulic-fluid sight gauge and see-through engine-coolant reservoir allow quick checks at a glance.
• Spin-on filters make fluid changes quicker and cleaner. 2,000-hour hydraulic-oil and 250-hour engine-oil intervals increase uptime and decrease expense.
• A simple grease gun and a wrench are all it takes to quickly maintain proper track tension.
• High-torque fuel-efficient diesels meet EPA Final Tier 4/EU Stage IV emission standards without after treatment devices — reducing maintenance and expense.
• Heavy-duty side-by-side coolers enhance efficiency in high-ambient or -altitude working conditions.
• New display shows engine hours and fuel level.
John Deere Worksight
• Bringing machines, technology, and your dealer together to make your job easier - John Deere WorkSight turns data into solutions to optimize machines, uptime, and your jobsite. Benefit from improved profitability with John Deere WorkSight.
• JDLink™ Machine Monitoring System - From the fleet-management fundamentals of knowing the hours and location of all brands, to sending machine-health alerts and tracking machine production on Deere machines, JDLink can help you centrally, smartly manage your entire fleet and grow your business.
• Machine Health Prognostics - John Deere WorkSight’s machine-health prognostics evaluate machine data and “think through” maintenance protocols before prescribing downtime cures that will keep your fleet — and your bottom line — healthy.
Structures and Undercarriage
• Variable-width undercarriage and foldable blade can be hydraulically retracted to navigate narrow pathways and tight quarters, then easily repositioned for solid stability.
• Rubber tracks’ unique steel cores resist cracking. Large-diameter drive sprockets and track idlers further increase undercarriage durability.
• Steel hydraulic lines are clamped securely; Cordura® covering on rubber hoses provides extra durability.
• Box-constructed X-frame and track frames provide a rock-solid and stable platform that resists material and dirt buildup.
• Backfill blade adds versatility, enabling the it to ably grade and fill. Provides extra stability with attachments or when working on uneven terrain, too.
• Available hydraulic-activated thumb helps retain material in the bucket and is a valuable addition for hardscape tasks such as setting stones.
• Worksite Pro augers can be equipped with numerous sizes of rock, heavy-duty, standard, and tree/shrub bits.Bust through blacktop, concrete, or other hard surfaces with a Worksite Pro breaker. Optional window screens help guard the cab and operator from flying debris.
• Manual wedge-style quick-coupler speeds switchover, changing from buckets to other attachments in just minutes.
• Return-flow selector valve and boom-mounted auxiliary hydraulic lines accommodate both one- and two-way hydraulic-driven attachments.
• Emission Rating: Tier 4
• Engine Manufacturer: Yanmar
• Number Of Cylinders (Per Engine): 3
• Displacement, ltr (Inches³): 1.267 (77)
• Rated speed, rpm: 2500
• Engine Output - Net, kW (hp): 14.9 (20)
• Track Shoe Width, mm (inches): 300 (12)
• Transport Length, mm (ft/in): 4180 (13 ft 9 in)
• Transport Height - Maximum, mm (ft/in): 2430 (8 ft)
• Overall Width, mm (ft/in): 1500 (4 ft 11 in)
• Track Length On Ground, mm (ft/in): 1530 (5 ft)
• Undercarriage Overall Length, mm (ft/in): 1960 (6 ft 5 in)
• Tailswing Radius, mm (ft/in): 800 (2 ft 7 in)
• Ground Clearance, mm (inches): 300 (12)
• Dozer Blade Height, mm (inches): 320 (12.6)
• Dozer Blade Width, mm (ft/in): 1500 (4 ft 11 in)
• Width over standard tracks, mm (ft/in): 1500 (4 ft 11 in)
• Track Gauge, mm (ft/in): 1200 (3 ft 11 in)
• Digging Reach - Mono Boom, mm (ft/in): 4630 (15 ft 2 in)
• Dig Height - Mono Boom, mm (ft/in): 4280 (14 ft 1 in)
• Dump Height - Mono Boom, mm (ft/in): 3040 (10 ft )
• Dig Depth - Mono Boom, mm (ft/in): 2590 (8 ft 6 in)
• Standard Dipper, mm (ft/in): 1170 (3 ft 10 in)
• Ground Bearing Pressure, kPa (PSI): 25.9 (3.8)
• Slew Speed, rpm: 9.1
• Travel Speed - High, kph (mph): 4.5 (2.8)
• Dipper Tearout, kN (lbf): 15.17 (3410)
• Bucket Breakout, kN (lbf): 22.21 (4994)
• Main Pumps - Maximum Flow, lt/min (gallons (US) / min): 72 (15.8)
• Fuel Tank, ltr (gallons (US)): 34.07 (9)
• Hydraulic Tank, ltr (gallons (US)): 23.85 (6.3)
• Voltage, V: 12
• Number Of Batteries: 1
• Operating Weight, kg (lbs): 2770 (6110)