Productive, compact, and ready for anything.
Need a compact loader to get big results? Step up to the tight turning, heavy lifting 244K Loader. This versatile machine combines outstanding maneuverability, travel speed, breakout force, reach, and stability to tackle tasks other machines can't. Oscillating stereo steering delivers a smooth turning radius that's up to 20-percent tighter than comparable loaders — for faster cycle times and better material retention over rough terrain. Add spacious cabs and extra uptime from sealed electrical connections, more durable axles, and extended service intervals, and you’ve got multipurpose machine that is ready, able, and willing to take on whatever work you've got.
• EPA Final Tier 4 emission-certified four-cylinder naturally aspirated engine delivers power without compromise.
• Unique stereo steering makes this compact loader even more productive, for tight turns and extra agility in close quarters.
• Manual low-speed differential lock delivers the traction needed to go deeper into the pile for bigger bucket loads.
• Comes standard with return to dig, quick-coupler, and high travel-speed range.
• Hydraulically driven fan runs only as needed, for efficient cooling, reduced noise, and lower fuel consumption.
• Oscillating rear axle and elastic articulation at the pivot smooth the ride, for greater material retention and reduced operator fatigue.
• If you change attachments often, you’ll appreciate the optional pushbutton-activated skid-steer-style coupler that lets you connect and release attachments quickly, without tools or leaving the seat.
• Blades, buckets, cold planers, and snow blowers make these loaders naturals for removing whatever Mother Nature puts in your way.
• Scrap and brush-tine grapples let you move a variety of materials — from scrap bales to branches.
• This compact loader feels right at home on the farm or the feedlot. Equipped with bale spears, forks, or buckets, this highly maneuverable compact handles a multitude of chores.
• Boom float allows easy back dragging for finish grading and cleaning up jobsites.
• With its long reach, this compact loader easily dumps to the center of tandem-axle trucks for quicker and easier loading.
• Oscillating rear axle and elastic articulation reduces cab tilt by as much as 50 percent, for a smoother ride that’s easier on both operator and machine.
• Tilt steering, multi-adjustable suspension seat, electronic monitor, convex mirrors inside and out, and many more productivity-boosting features are standard. A highly efficient HVAC system helps make your operator even more productive.
• Walk-through cab lets you enter or exit easily from either side.
• Angled self-cleaning steps and ergonomically positioned grab bars make getting in and out of the cab easier.
Controls and Steering
• Boom and bucket control, F-N-R, and differential lock are on the same low-effort lever for convenient single-handed control.
• Inching/brake pedal lets you slow travel speed while keeping engine rpm high for optimum hydraulic response and control. Or the operator can employ standard shift on the fly.
• Low- and high-speed ranges provide infinitely variable travel speeds from standstill to best-in-class standard speed.
• Steering linkage is positioned where it’s protected and supported by brackets with easily replaceable wear strips.
• Easy-to-read monitor tracks rpm, hours, and more. Warning lights alert operators of any machine issues.
• Electronic control unit lets service technicians easily retrieve vital operating information and helps diagnose problems more quickly.
• Easy-access fuse panel accommodates quick checks and changes.
• Diesel engines run quiet and meet EPA Final Tier 4 (FT4) non-road emission regulations. So they can work where rigid sound- and air-quality standards exist.
• Hydraulically driven fan runs only as needed for efficient cooling, reduced noise, and lower fuel consumption.
• The rear hood screen provides extra protection to the engine compartment.
John Deere Worksight
• Bringing machines, technology, and your dealer together to make your job easier - John Deere WorkSight turns data into solutions to optimize machines, uptime, and your jobsite. Benefit from improved profitability with John Deere WorkSight.
• JDLink™ Machine Monitoring System - From the fleet-management fundamentals of knowing the hours and location of all brands, to sending machine-health alerts and tracking machine production on Deere machines, JDLink can help you centrally, smartly manage your entire fleet and grow your business.
• Machine Health Prognostics - John Deere WorkSight’s machine-health prognostics evaluate machine data and “think through” maintenance protocols before prescribing downtime cures that will keep your fleet — and your bottom line — healthy.
• This compact loader turns tight but articulates less, keeping the center of gravity and ballast in line to counteract load forces — for superior full-turn tipping-load capacities.
• 100-percent front differential lock is easily activated through a pushbutton on the joystick. Manual low-speed differential lock delivers the traction needed to go deeper into the pile for bigger bucket loads. Unlike comparable-size machines, return-to-dig is standard.
• Oscillating rear axle and elastic articulation at the pivot smooth the ride for greater material retention and reduced operator fatigue.
• Tires on single-piece rims deliver the traction and stability you need.
• Wear-resistant hoses are routed where they’re protected. Heavy-duty articulation joints are strong and durable.
Serviceability / Uptime
• Remote test ports enable technicians to quickly and conveniently trouble-shoot problems.
• Hydraulic fluid sight gauge and see-through coolant reservoir let you check fluid levels at a glance.
• Easy-access spin-on filters and environmental drains make fluid changes quick and clean.
• Access to the hydraulic loader valve, differential lock, optional ride control, and other components is quick and convenient.
• A/C condenser tilts out and away from the radiator for easier cleanout. Doesn’t require draining fluids or disconnecting hoses.
• Nobody backs you better than the 1,200-plus John Deere CWP dealers throughout North America.
• Capacity: Fuel Tank, ltr (gallons (US))- 80 (21.1)
• Hydraulic Tank, ltr (gallons (US))- 55 (14.5)
• Axle - Front, ltr (gallons (US)) - 4 (1.075)
• Axle - Rear, ltr (gallons (US)) - 4 (10.75)
• Transmission, ltr (gallons (US)) -0.7 (0.2)
• Std bucket cap heaped, m³ (yd³) - 0.8 (1)
• Smallest bucket capacity, m³ (yd³)- 0.8 (1)
• Largest bucket capacity, m³ (yd³)- 1.1 (1.4)
• Breakout force std bucket, kgf (lbf) - 4895 (10792)
• System Voltage, V- 12
• Alternator Output, Amp- 80
• Pump Type- Gear
• Pump Flow, lt/min (gallons (US) / min)- 67 (17)
• System Pressure, bar (PSI)- 230 (3335)
• Dimensions: Height - Over Cab, mm (ft/in)- 2720 (8 ft 11 in)
• Wheelbase, mm (ft/in)- 2150 (7 ft 1 in)
• Overall length inc std bucket, mm (ft/in)- 5280 (17 ft 4 in)
• Ground clearance std tire, mm (inches)- 294.64 (11.6)
• Width Over tires - Std, mm (ft/in)- 1890 (6 ft 2 in)
• Height - Pivot Pin, mm (ft/in)- 3200 (10 ft 6 in)
• Turning Circle - Maximum, mm (ft/in)- 7570 (24 ft 10 in)
• Weight: 5470 (12060) kg (lbs)
• Construction: Dump Height, mm (ft/in)- 2550 (8 ft 4 in)
• Reach at Full Height, mm (ft/in)- 817.88 (2 ft 8 in)
• Tipping Load - Straight, kg (lbs)- 4065 (8962)
• Engine Manufacturer- YANMAR
• Engine Model- 4TNV98CT
• Emission Rating- Tier 4
• Displacement, ltr (Inches³)- 3.3 (203)
• Rated Speed, rpm- 2400
• Engine Output - Net, kW (hp) - 52 (64)
• Torque, Nm (lbf / ft) - 235 (173)
• Transmission Type - Hydrostatic
• Front Differential Type- Locking
• Rear Differential Type- Open
• Tire size - Standard - 365 / 70 R18
• Service Brake - Type- Wet Disc / Drum
• Service Brake - Location - All Wheels
• Service Brake - Actuation - Hydraulic
• Parking Brake - Type- Wet Disc